Saturday, March 12, 2011

Soup's on!

This is what I've been doing the past few weeks. I am the coordinator for the women's group at our church. Today, we had our second annual "Souper Saturday." This is a great evening where all of the women bring soup, salad, bread or dessert and we hear from a couple of speakers who talk about what God has done in their lives. 

It turns out to be a ton of work, but I truly enjoy it.

This year, we gave each of the women a journal to record her blessings throughout the year. Of course, this meant I needed to do lots of shopping to find cute journals that were affordable enough to purchase for 50 women: 


I made these little labels with our theme verse...


There was lots to do in terms of set-up and deocrating...


A friend helped me compile recipe cards of the different types of soup we served...


We made these jars of beans and pasta for each table...


These are the soup cans I made last year with the fake soup labels. I still had most of them, so I only had to make a few more...


We had a TON of soup!


And a great time hanging out with the ladies...

No comments:

Post a Comment