Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cake ball bouquets

I have been consumed the past few days planning my oldest sister's 50th birthday party.

I sent my sister a list of ideas several months ago of things we could do to celebrate her birthday. She wrote back with a long list of activities that she enjoys. I was intrigued that one of the things on the list was "watching butterflies hatch." I guess she had gone to a nature preserve that had lots of butterflies on display.

So, I decided we would go with a butterfly theme for her birthday party. That sounded much better to me than the typical "over the hill" theme.

I made three different types of cake balls for the birthday cake and decorated them to look like spring flowers. I put them in flower pots and put a bouquet of cake ball flowers on each table as the centerpiece. It was a lot of fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment